Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Coloring... in winter days


I was so happy with a burst of red from the amaryllis I planted waaaaay before Christmas-
 finally it bloomed
a nice contrast against the cold grey skies.


A little leftover Christmas decor.
Hopefully Father Winter will get a hint...
Mittens in the window
snow
snow
 snow




When I was little I used to make puppets and have puppet shows ( free of charge)
 for the neighborhood kids.
This and many more will become angels
...there is something lovely about sewing wings....

Participating the E-course I am tapping into some of my childhood creativity
Makes me happy.


My yarn dyes came in handy for some more color projects.
Batik



Presoaking in the sink with water.
 I found adding 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water really helps absorb the color better


Good lookin cookin!




Lilly...!
What did you just doooo...

ohhhh that look.

( the image also tells a lot about our super clean windows doesn't it...ehem)

Have a great week!

1 comments:

  1. Love the pictures as always. Can't wait to see what you are dyeing up! And wait, did you get snow? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

~ Cherokee Prayer Blessing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs