Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Skiing in Glacier Park


Saturday morning we loaded up the kids and the skis



We get socked in pretty bad in the valley during winter
so it was a nice surprise to see the clouds breaking up and the sunshine.


Coming around the bend the view gets only better.


 We skied to Fish Creek
 a favorite swimming spot in summer.


Pretty interesting to see it with all the snow and ice.


but oh so beautiful


"Foghorn" skied like a champ
a real trooper.
Kept daddy entertained the whole way.


Lots of snow



Majestic views



That to me only get better and closer to my heart every year





Happy trails



We ate a delicious lunch by the lake and enjoyed the view and the sun.


Camper heading home in full stride


Past "tide down" old barns


Down hill


Nothing like smiles all around


I feel so unbelievable fortunate to live here
and enjoy the wilderness
with my family


Auguste eventually wiped out
time to go home.

Best Saturday ever!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel as if I were there with you. Wonderful photo's and the story is equal.
    Thanks for this!

    xoxoB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't tell you how much I LOVED this post. Your beautiful family..your photos. I can't imagine skiing somewhere so beautiful. The only place close to ski here is on a public golf course. Thank you thank you for sharing. I've been carrying the images around with me in my head (and heart).

    ReplyDelete

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

~ Cherokee Prayer Blessing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs