Wednesday, July 25, 2012

....1 more permit.



Our last and final inspection from the health dept.on Monday to officially open Base Camp Cafe.

Pierre is whipped been pulling 80 hr weeks trying to finish.
 I am just tired of all of it.

Opening a cafe is not easy.
Hiring staff, digging up rock, landscaping, painting,
Ordering from BIG companies like Coca Cola & Sysco
( who knew we would ever do that?)
Working on the menu.
Making sure everything is up to code and ADA .
Sticking with our budget..
yeah right, we blew that right out of the water...

It's all a new.
Scary.

Dealing with by passers eager to find out when we are opening
-SOON!
and of course one smarty pants that asked:
" define soon"

So much to learn.
We have a lovely espresso machine from Italy that we are learning how to use next Tuesday.
I am not just a Blogista
soon to be Barrista :)

It was actually a blessing we were so naive going into this endeavor-
 had we known we might have not.

Well that's all folks,
 I am so tired I am diving into bed with my work clothes and boots on tonite.

See you all in a bit
once Base Camp Cafe is officially open I think Pierre and I can breathe a little easier.


Peace out
bean sprout.

***

12 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed it all goes well. I may need to figure out how I can manage a trip your way when we leave DC for home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just might be able to stop by the cafe in Sept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's all so exciting and going to be so worth it! i think it's better not knowing sometimes and just diving in, passion guideing you. beautiful photo camilla, is that a wildflower? and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very exciting for your family Camilla. I know all of your hardwork is going to be worth it, although I'm sure you just want to rest now. I would love to come for a cup of coffee and s slice of pie [is there pie?] one day.
    Happy wishes and remember to laugh during all of this, every day needs laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so close to the opening!! I bet you will have steady business once your doors are opened. I think it's a good sign that people keep asking when soon is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that sounds like so much, and so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an adventure! i know it is a lot of hard work but dreams are worth pursuing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. did you really sleep in your boots? now, that's tired!
    i'm glad you are getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!! And you still have the grace to blog and keep us posted! YOU ROCK!
    Wish I could give you a big hug and bring you a bottle of champagne to share.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is going to be amazing Camilla, hang in there! I am going to make it a point to come visit Base Camp next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You have all worked so hard. It's gonna be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really pleased you didn't know more about the pitfalls too. I reckon your café's going to be a raving success and you'll be getting all your customers to write your blogposts for you live, direct from Base Camp.
    Wish I could come over and buy a coffee!!

    xxx Ange

    ReplyDelete

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

~ Cherokee Prayer Blessing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs