Thursday, December 15, 2011

We adopted!


Meet
Lilly

Our new love and addition to our family.
Lilly is almost 2 yrs old and a lab, terrier, beagle mix
Same birthday as Luther April 13th
(coincidence...I think not)

Lilly had 2 homes before I adopted her from the pound.

Her name was "Baby" and she had pink nail polish on her nails.

The minute she came home I renamed her
Lilly
removed her nail polish
took her and the kids to Glacier Park and threw her in the lake.
A christening of sorts.

I wanted her to swim
be in the fresh air and sunshine
be a dog


She is now part of a family
4 children
Pierre & me
Mimi
Luther Vandross

 ....who all love her....

It is snowing like crazy outside and
she is playing & running around chasing Luther on our 5 acres....
they look like 2 snow ghosts pummeling around in the white stuff
~  and...she is free  ~


*****

Love in the car



Luther...you better watch it...
I called shotgun


But I can still give you a little kiss.



...and that is all Luther wanted in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. That is sooo precious Camilla. I would've done JUST THE SAME AS YOU!! Straight into the lake. Funnily enough I thought of you when I went for a run in the mud and rain today. I can leave the kids long enough for an hour's run now. Suddenly I feel free - even if we are together all the rest of the time :) Inspectors come every year here to check the progression of the kids. Some are typical public servants but the inspector in my area is a fab guy who just talked to the kids and gave me some cool websites to check out!!! For a first visit - we were thrilled!
    xxx
    I too wish you lived closer. We could have so much fun out in the country air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lilly is going to love it at your house! I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ya just love this? I do. What a great lucky dog. You are making me smile again.
    xoxo Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

~ Cherokee Prayer Blessing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs