Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Summer's secret


I don't what it is about winter
and the anticipation of it's arrival.
Bidding farewell to summers warmth and light.
Greeting the cold and dark days to come.


In so doing 
Noticing things I did not before.
Small things
 that were insignificant
 before.


Paying more attention to the little details.
During these frosty morning walks,
 they become remarkable.


Maybe it's their season to shine?



 I see them with fresh eyes and appreciation.


The stillness and quiet
the cold and frost.
 Opens my heart to new summer secrets.


Of winter's lifeless world each tree
Now seems a perfect part;
Yet each one holds summer's secret
Deep down within its heart.
~Charles G. Stater

3 comments:

  1. Oh Camilla, I have goose bumps and it is not because it is cold. These moments that are captured and shared by you touch something deep inside. I feel refreshed. Thank you for this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh .. I've sooo missed your photos! Love that dark leaf. I've been combing the ground too, funny.. Didnt really think about it until I read this! Happy winter and here's to more summer secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of winter and the darkness that comes with it either. What are you going to do though it has to happen.

    ReplyDelete

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

~ Cherokee Prayer Blessing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs