Monday, February 27, 2012

Horse'n around


Well, as you might of guessed
 Fiona and I are now a team.

An amazing week of fulfilling a life long dream of having a horse.
A dream
 I cry in her mane when I hug her I am so incredibly grateful and overcome with joy
 in awe that I finally have a horse.
Falling in love with her was so easy.



A day old on these images
Born June 13th 5 years ago here in the Flathead valley
 her mother is almost white Quarter horse
 and her father a Frisian
takes my breath away...
 Which makes Fiona almost black with some chocolate coloring.
She is about 15 hands and has that lovely thick draft horse neck and feathers behind her hoofs,
 long mane
 a beatiful mover
 a big heart with a very sweet dispostion.


 Having my property cross fenced as soon as the thaw hits so I can bring her home.
For now she is at a barn down the street with an arena.
Daily visits with grooming
 beginning lunging .
 Neighing and apples.
 and lots of hugs.

She has not been handled much so we have start from the beginning...
it will probably be a few months before I can get on her back... taking it slow getting to know each other.
Going the natural horsemanship route using 
 Monty Roberts and Buck Brennaman method of starting a horse.

It's beautiful sunny day and I am off to the barn
 to see my sunshine
Fiona.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man
~Winston Churchill

2 comments:

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

~ Cherokee Prayer Blessing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs