Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Going to the sun road


Summer has arrived in Montana...and so has more family from Norway.
I have been so lucky this year to have family come twice this summer to visit.





 This time, my aunt and uncle Odd & Gro.
Of course it is mandatory to show them our beautiful park so we loaded the kids and some lunch ...and our bathing suits in the car, crossing our fingers that the lake would be warm enough to swim in.




Can you believe it- I am standing on snow!



At 6600ft I feel like I am on top of the world.
Who could ask for anything more...
views forever, sunshine on my shoulders and breathing champagne air.



 Well, even with his Hawaiian shirt (dressed himself )
 fog horn lost his Aloha spirit and was done with this
 he wanted to go swimming!

Black rock beach. 
The water was awesome.


Guess who went swimming!



Beautiful day, we found the sun, snow, peaks and water....


Summertime when livin' is easy

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Camilla, snow? Really?!!! I am just in awe of your state, it is beyond beautiful. I really must tell Mike that we
    need to move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous camilla! you live in such a beautiful place. those black rocks look lovely - do you have them piled on windowsills at home? i know my kids would be bringing them home to build cairns and such :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking - completely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I would love to be standing in a pile of snow, with my woolens on. Glad you and your visitors are having a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderful for all of you to have family visiting, i imagine you are the perfect hostess camilla. what a beautiful beautiful place you live in, i love the mountains, makes me want to visit too. enjoy your aunt and uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, that water looks cold! Yay for family! Seeing the snow reminds me of our time in Jackson Hole last summer! What great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thought I already commented on this, but I guess I just drooled at the pics.
    SO pretty.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I am guessing that water is pretty chilly?? GORGEOUS pictures. How wonderful to have family again. Hope you had a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

~ Cherokee Prayer Blessing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
designed with love by beautiful dawn designs